Molly Malone has tagged me for a meme, and it's my very first one. Apparently I am supposed to link to the person who tagged me (done), list 8 random facts about myself, and then link to 8 more victims, mwa-ha-ha, who will then link to me and repeat the above rules. This might even be a way of seeing who hasn't given up on me, even though I've been such a lackadaisical blogger lately. I will keep my random facts book-related, I think, just to stay with the theme of my blog.
1. When I'm reading I get so focused on my book that I can carry on entire conversations without even realizing it. This got me into a lot of trouble when I was a kid. I'd be utterly baffled when I got in trouble for something I'd evidently promised my parents I'd do, but I'd have no memory of actually making the promise!
2. My favorite book when I was a kid was called The Ghost in the Swing by Janet Patton Smith. Has anyone else read that? It's out of print now, and one year for Christmas my husband paid an appalling price for a used copy, so now I can reread it whenever I want!
3. I'd rather read than watch TV.
4. I carry a book with me most everywhere - it's insurance against having to wait. Whenever I don't have a book with me, I always end up stuck somewhere with nothing to do!
5. I have read Moby Dick three times. Unfortunately. It's not my favorite book!
6. When I was a kid (maybe 9 or 10 years old) I used to shelve the books for my beloved children's librarian whenever my parents brought me to the public library. I knew where most of them went by heart. Yes, I am a complete and utter geek. And why it took me such a long time to actually get a job in a library, I have no idea!
7. I regularly reread Madeleine L'Engle's A Circle of Quiet.
8. And here's a non-book-related fact: I love learning languages! I've studied French, Spanish and Greek (ancient), and I speak Italian pretty well.
Now, who to tag? I'm so far behind in my blog reading that I wouldn't know if anyone's already been tagged for this one. So, of the many people I'd like to know 8 random things about, I will randomly choose Valentina, Rhinoa, Ladytink (got you back!), Nymeth, Nicola, Heather, Bellezza, and Barbara. That is, if you have time and you feel like it. If not, no worries!
And Ladytink has tagged me for another fun meme! She says: Take the letters of your name and write out a title of a romance novel for it. It's that simple, see if you can actually do it. You can omit the words "A" and "The" from the title to suit your needs if you want. It's a lot harder than it looks but try Amazon.com for help.
Well, who could resist that challenge? So here goes:
Dream Man by Linda Howard
Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught
Ravished by Amanda Quick
Lord of the Storm by Justine Davis
Alinor by Roberta Gellis
Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
As far as tagging anyone else - anyone who feels like it, give it a shot. But I must tag Virginia Gal, romance reader extraordinaire! Have fun with that one, VA Gal!
Merry Christmas, everyone!