reWhen I started writing this book blog a little over a year ago, I never dreamed that it would it be so fun, nor that I'd meet so very many wonderful people who enjoy reading as much as I do. Not only that, but through the many passionate, well-written reviews of my fellow bloggers, I've been exposed to an amazing number of wonderful books and authors I might otherwise never have heard about, let alone considered reading. More and more books have gone onto my TBR list (and my bookshelves...and my library card) - and I've begun to notice that the ratio of books loved to books read has skyrocketed.
So, in tribute to the many book bloggers who've added shocking numbers of books to my reading list, I present the Irresistible Review Challenge, which begins now and runs through Labor Day. Here are the rules:
1. Read 8 books between now and Labor Day (September 1) that you were inspired to read after reading a fellow book-blogger's review. Ideally the books will be ones you'd never heard of or would probably not have considered reading had it not been for the review. If you expanded your horizons or went beyond your usual reading comfort zone because of the review, all the better!
2. Write a review of the book on your blog.
3. (The most important step) Make sure you link to the review that inspired you to read the book in the first place!
4. Books read for other challenges count.
5. There is no need to make a list ahead of time - for this type of challenge, it's probably best to remain open to serendipity in the bookblogosphere!
Interested? Just let me know in the comments, and I'll add you to the list of participants I'll be putting in my sidebar. I'm planning on having some book giveaways to add to the fun, and anyone who participates in the challenge will be eligible. Hope you'll join the fun!