J. Kaye is hosting another fun challenge (how on earth she manages to keep track of all these is amazing to me) - this one is called 1st in a Series, and of course I'm joining in! Anyone who reads this blog knows what a sucker I am for a good series, and while I'm in no chance of exhausting my current ones I'm working on, there is always room for more.
This challenge was hosted in 2008 by Thoughts of Joy, who will no longer be hosting it. So J. Kaye took up the challenge (literally) and has decided to host it herself. Woohoo!
Here are the guidelines:
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
2. Read 12 books that are the first in any series. You may read & list your chosen books any time during the year.
3. Challenge runs January through December, 2009.
4. You can join any time between now and December 31, 2009.
To join, just go to J. Kaye's Book Blog and sign up here.
I haven't decided on all my books yet, but here are some I've been hoping to get to soon. I will list them here as well as on the sidebar as I go along (otherwise I get hopelessly befuddled about which books I'm reading for which challenge). Anyone care to join me? Or have suggestions? Comments? Any and all are appreciated, as always.
Partial potential list:
1. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (#1 in the Southern Vampire series)
2. Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve (#1 in the Hungry City Chronicles)
3. Nightlife by Rob Thurman (#1 in the Cal Leandros series)
4. Murphy's Law by Rhys Bowen (#1 in the Molly Murphy series)
5. Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz (#1 in the Blue Bloods series)
6. A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole (#1 in the Immortals After Dark series)
7. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (#1 in the Night Huntress series)
8. The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King (#1 in the Mary Russell series) - reread :-)
9. Dead is the New Black by Marlene Perez (#1 in the Dead Is series)